The platform I chose to install Ruby into was Windows Server 2008. To ensure my base machine (the one I use for my study) was not reconfigured, I employed VMware Server in which the 2008 server operates.
Looking at a web applications portal (http://www.buildingwebapps.com/site/home), which focuses on Ruby on Rails, easy to find, clear instructions were presented.
I elected to work through the Windows Vista instructions due to my platform choice.
The deployment went very smooth indeed. My tasks did not involve trouble shooting as it appears that all installation items completed as expected against the installation document.
The Building Web Apps portal looks very helpful indeed. While not having the "community" feel or look about it, there has been a lot of work put into helping other out in the "free community" fashion.
Having said that, the www.rubyonrails.org site seems every bit the typical community "GNU" type site. Plenty of very helpful information. Right down to providing the final commands to create our applications.
No comments:
Post a Comment